3 months in the north

 Hello all

A magnificent day here in Kangirsuk--about 0 degrees with no wind, a blue, blue sky and amazing sunshine!!  Just the kind of weather that is perfect for sight seeing and walking!    The news from the clinic is not so good, in 12 short days we have gone from one diagnosis of covid to  63.  Word on the street is that the school will close until January, and we will be sent home--stay tuned.

The principal has a terrific dog that has been giving me therapy to help me get through this--we enjoy long walks together.  Yesterday, this sweet little black puppy followed us.  He was so cute--but obviously abandoned--a lot of that here.  Many local people want to start an SPCA group to deal with the many homeless dogs and cats.    Construction people come, feed the babies and then they leave.  These poor animals just disappear into the hinterland.

For the past few days, I have found some really neat art projects, so I have been "arting" up a storm.  I hope I get to use some of these ideas.  I had a terrific collection of Halloween art, and some great videos, but only I got to see them.  The art projects are taped to my  window so that others can enjoy them!!

Hoping you all have an amazing Halloween weekend!!  I used to love Halloween in China.  I would have a horrid mask, hide behind the computer station, and then, without  any word, I would jump up and roar at the students--they were always so surprised!  I won't get to do that here!!

We are not allowed to even go the homes of the kids to give out treats!!    I  bought over $100  worth of candy for the occasion since it is so big here--I gave it to the principal and asked her to deal with it.

I have a new student in China.  Some of you will remember my friend, Tall Chen--I will start his 5 year old later this evening.  We are exactly 12 hours behind Fuzhou, so I don't have the issue of the wild hours.  I also have kept Ryan, and I meet him Friday morning and Saturday night.  It is really fun keeping up with them and all of the good people over there.


What a cutie!!


Ulysses after our 2 hour walk--got to love that cushion--Let's stay home!!!

Yes, "arting it up"

Sunset just a few minutes ago.

A million dollar view right off my deck--about - 10 right now.


Comments

  1. Looks so beautiful up there! I sure hope you get to use your artwork in some way for the students. Hopefully you won’t be sent home as those little ones will miss a big opportunity learning from you. Stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

End of the first week back

Week 2, Ivujivik

Saturday February 24, 2024