Week 8

 Hi there

Another week filled with some gains and some losses.  It is so difficult to move forward when you have a poor attendance record to begin with, and shorten weeks for various reasons.  This was another  3 day week.  In any event, I got what I wanted, an adventure in human relations, insight into the minds of children, creating creative opportunities and sprinkling  love, compassion, care and understanding.

After all, what is learning all about??

The really interesting thing is that I do not feel isolated at all.  I have everything I need in my palace.  I am totally immersed in what I am doing, and the days fly by.  I am totally focused on the day to day, trying to find the connection to the children that will open their minds, and learn.  My best day so far was when I had 4 children, and we played the little reading and English games I  brought.  They just couldn't get enough.  I could see that their minds were working, they were using English, speaking in full sentences and using problem solving skills--so now to apply that strategy to everything else.

It is the journey of a lifetime--with the extremes of emotion--including me!!

My photo essay--hoping you get the meaning.


 This is the "behavior" technician.

 This is Winnie, the vice principal.

This sweetie is showing us that any hill can be climbed with success!!

These are the kids climbing the hill behind the school, after the Terry Fox run.   I think it really illustrates life here--a lot of uphill, with many barriers---but---

  Preparing to go on the run--it was a lovely day.



 Did I mention the breakfast club.  My colleague and I prepare these totes daily for breakfast and snacks.  Different agencies provide money for the nutrition.  You can see milk, cereal, yogurt, energy bars--sometimes we get fresh apples, bananas, grapes, carrots and oranges.

  And, yes, our first dusting of icing sugar!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of the first week back

Week 2, Ivujivik

Saturday February 24, 2024